Varzina River Club
In 2016 season Varzina River Lodge underwent a number of serious changes.
1. The restaurant and lounge bar. The new design a la Nord Art-Nouveau implies an absolutely new vision of the modern fishing lodge interior decoration. Now, guests will have breakfast and dinner savoring dishes of haute cuisine, in a superb dining room with a fireplace and panoramic windows. After dinner they may relax in a spacious lounge bar with a fabulous view of Varzina’s Home pool. There is a great variety of white and red wines, traditional hard liquors, draft beer and a taste collection of single malt Scotch whisky at the bar. The lounge bar can be easily transformed in to a cozy screening room for watching any major sporting events or presentations on a 135» screen with Dolby Digital Surround Sound. Also for billiards fans, there is a full-sized 8-ball pool table. For those who prefer shifting away from the bustle, can get a sense of peace and meditative union with nature on our newly reconstructed charming open patio. It has been designed to be more spacious and more comfortable. It’s a great place to sit for a cup of coffee in the morning or digestive in the evening, whilst watching the jumps of fresh- run springers. If necessary, guests may replenish their fly box or gear at our fly shop. They may also buy some clothes with our logo image, in memory of their trip. Satellite connection and Internet are at guests’ disposal. The lounge bar is equipped with bathroom.
2. Accommodation. Starting from the 2016 season guests are offered single accommodation in a deluxe cabin. All cabins have undergone a quality reconstruction. Now, each of them are equipped with an individual toilet and shower, electric heating, conditioner with climate control, mini-bar, personal safe, drying closet for wet clothes and lots of other stuff needed for comfort like hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers. Cabins are heat-insulated, equipped with spacious wardrobes and wide beds with orthopedic mattresses.
3. Fishing. To obtain unique fishing conditions for our guests, we came to an unprecedented decision to halve number of rods per week, what will clearly result in step change of catches. Since the 2016 season, the Varzina River Club does not accept 12 as before, but only 6 guests per week. At the same time in order to improve the fishing quality and taking into account, that the Varzina river pools are local and can be totally fished by one fisherman during a day the guests will be offered the following fishing conditions: «one fisherman/ one guide/ one fishing bit». This means that each guest will have thier own personal guide as well as thier own personal bit for fishing (previously guests had to share one bit and one guide between 2).
4. Every day, from Sunday to Friday, after breakfast, our helicopter transfers the fishermen accompanied by their guides to the fishing pools according to the coin toss on the day of arrival to the Lodge. Fishing starts at 9am and finishes around 7pm with a break for lunch. During the day, your guide will offer you a hot lunch consisting of 4 dishes. On arrival to the Lodge, after a day of fishing, those who wish can have sauna or relax at cozy bar lounge playing billiards or watching game of their favorite football team. After dinner, for those who wish can go evening fishing accompanied by their guides, what can often produce some good results for our guests.
5. Stats. On average, during prime weeks, around 100 salmon are caught and released by a group, per week. For instance, during the first week of the 2016 season group caught 88 «springers» that had just entered the river from the sea (an average 15 salmon per rod). 20 percent of which among them were over 20lbs (9 kilos)!
6. 20lbs Club. Almost every day at dinner, we congratulate and honour those guests who managed to catch a salmon over 20lbs. After an induction ceremony, they become members of «20lbs Club «. This has been a Varzina tradition that has lasted for over 20 years and will stay in our guests’ memory forever.
7. «Three rivers» program. This program terminates the yearly season at the Varzina River Club. It usually takes place in the middle of July. The three rivers are Varzina (Home pool), Penka and Drozdovka. As a rule, this time is characterized by numerous runs of summer salmon (grilse), what accordingly give great rise to the number of catches.
8. Corporate programs. At the same time the Varzina River Club warmly welcomes our corporate clients for outdoor events, presentations or meetings. Your partners will definitely appreciate your choice of location of regular business meetings or delicate negotiations.